Sunday 24 February 2013

Home Group failing the elderly?

And yet another disgraceful example of how local organisations treat their elderly customers. Home Group didn't feel that my mother having all her sinks blocked was an emergency job and that she'd be okay for four days washing and preparing food in the kitchen with a blocked sink full of dirty water, because "she has onother sink in the bathroom" said one of your customer service's people.

(Obviously he never does the washing and cooking in his house and I wonder if his Mrs would have accepted that?). Thankfully I found a local plumber to do what he thought was certainly an emergency and has listed all the faults Home Group has made to my mother's property which caused all this.

I telephoned Home Group' repair line and was told that, "if they did call the job as an emergency and the plumber didn't think it was life threatening, then she would be charged a lot of money."

She is 83-years-old and after already leaving her with no hot water and heating for 13 hours following an emergency call on Wednesday morning, I thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt and perhaps I was wrong thinking you didn't give a damn about you pensioner tenants! This is going to press (my job) and you're getting the plumber's bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment